Tuesday, August 16, 2016

My name is Fuscata.


My name is Fuscata. I am the defender of Jigokudani, what some in the distant past have named "Hell's Valley". Once, this was a place of peace. Once this was a place of spectacle. Now, these mountains are a place of conflict. The cliffs drip with gore. The rivers run red with blood. Monsters roam freely and destroy all that is in their path. Now, this place is truly Hell's Valley.

My master, Macata, told me that this was not always the way. The ancient writings here seem to support his stories. Macata told me that the change began with the Rain of Rock. Macata said that the sky torn apart and the strange stones fell from the heavens. Macata said that many called them freekrok, but I do not know why. I know only now that the land is not what it was. The waters are not what they were. My kind are not what they were.

But now, I patrol the edges of my home. My goal is to make it peaceful again. Only I, and my whispering blade, Zenko, stand in the gap. I will slay any who come to my borders. I have lost too many to the claws and the fangs of the horrors that stalk these mist-and-snow-shrouded peaks.

None shall enter my realm.

Art Source: "Saumray" (c)/by volkanyenen
Story and Characters: (c)/by Brannon Hollingsworth

#MMWW, #Makes, #Me, #Wanna, #Write, #BrannonHollingsworth, #Freekrok, #Fuscata, #Jigokudani, #Zenko, #Macata

0 comments:

Post a Comment